Explore some famous Mayan sites in Quintana Roo, the impressive ruins with their backdrop of the turquoise waters is just breathtaking. Tulum, one of the last cities inhabited and built by the Mayans, it was at its height between the 13th and 15th centuries and managed to survive about 70 years after the Spanish began occupying Mexico.
After learning about the Mayans and visiting their ruins, jump in a cenote to enjoy the coldness of its waters. Cenotes are a part of underground rivers that go across the peninsula, and they form when the ceiling collapses.
- We'll meet at the Ferry Pier entrance under the Swallows' monument, where a host will collect your remaining balance and escort you to the ferry to Playa del Carmen.
- At Playa del Carmen, your host will drop you off with your driver-guide, and you'll begin the ride towards Tulum.
- You've arrived at Tulum, and it's time to check out the ruins with the company of your guide. This will take approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Once you're finished visiting the ruins, you’ll be taken to a cenote to cool down after all the walking.
- After having fun at the cenote, you’ll have your traditional Mexican lunch.
- Now it's time to head back to Playa del Carmen, and your driver-guide will let
- When you arrive at Playa del Carmen, the host will be waiting for you and
together you’ll board the ferry back to Cozumel.
Duration: Between 7 and 8 hours
Meeting time: 30 minutes before the tour starts
Meeting point: Ferry Pier entrance under the Swallows' monument
Tour operator: Safe Tours Cozumel
✅ English or Spanish-speaking guide
✅ Round trip ferry ride
✅ Round trip transportation to Tulum
✅ Admission to Tulum
✅ Admission to a cenote
❌ Round trip transportation to the meeting point
❌ Drinks at the restaurant
- Important to be aware of the remaining balance that will be collected at the
meeting point (best to do it in cash).
- In case of intoxication, being under the influence of drugs, or not respecting the
staff and their requests we won’t allow you to take part in the activity, and a
refund will not be held.
- It might be a lunch box if you’re coming on a cruise ship to shorten eating time so you can head back and catch your ship with more than enough time.
- Bring a camera for photo opportunities (professional cameras might be charged an extra fee at the ruins by the authorities)
- Bring comfortable shoes
- FREE cancelation and full refund if notified with a minimum of 24 hours of your tour time, if done with less than 24 hours the reservation fees cannot be refunded.
- In case of showing up under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we won’t permit you to partake in the activity and will not issue a refund.
- If you fail to show up at the meeting time established, there will be no reschedule or refund.
With the current world climate, we find it necessary to let potential passengers know what we’re doing to ensure their safety and lessen the spread of the virus.