Learn about Quintana Roo’s ancient ruins and the creators of such beauty: The Mayans, a civilization way ahead of its time whose discoveries are beyond relevant to this day. Tulum and Coba, two of the last cities built by the Mayans, that managed to survive about 70 years after the Spanish began occupying Mexico.
This package is made for those looking to visit Tulum and Coba, with the opportunity to jump in a cenote and relax while enjoying the coldness of its waters and dashes of light that peak through.
Not for cruise ship passengers.
- We'll meet at the Ferry Pier entrance under the Swallows' monument, where a host will collect your remaining balance and escort you to the 7:00 am ferry to Playa del Carmen.
- At Playa del Carmen, your host will drop you off with your driver-guide, and you'll begin the ride towards Coba. There might be stops along the way to pick up more passengers since this isn't a private activity.
- You've arrived at Coba, and it's time to check out the ruins with the company of your guide.
- Once you're finished visiting Coba, you’ll spend some time at a magical cenote where you can relax and cool down.
- Now it’s time for your traditional Mexican lunch before heading to the ruins at Tulum.
- When you’re done visiting both Coba and Tulum’s archeological zones, you’ll get to spend your remaining time relaxing at Playa Paraíso.
- It's time to head back to Playa del Carmen, and your driver-guide will let you know.
- When you arrive at Playa del Carmen, you can spend however much time you wish and return to the island anytime. Please be aware that the last ferry leaves at 10:00 pm and ensure you have enough time to catch it. The ferry tickets we’ll provide you are good for any departure that day.
Duration: Approximately 12 hours
Meeting time: 30 minutes before the tour starts
Meeting point: Ferry Pier entrance under the Swallows' monument
Tour operator: Safe Tours Cozumel
✅ English or Spanish-speaking guide
✅ Round trip ferry ride
✅ Admission to Tulum
✅ Round trip transportation to Tulum, Coba, and Gran Cenote
✅ Admission to Tulum, Coba, and Gran Cenote
❌ Round trip transportation to the meeting point
❌ Gratuity Optional
❌$6 usd Tax at Coba ($100 pesos)
- Important to be aware of the remaining balance that will be collected at the meeting point (best to do it in cash).
- In case of intoxication, being under the influence of drugs, or not respecting the staff and their requests we won’t allow you to take part in the activity, and a
refund will not be held.
- Bring a camera for photo opportunities (professional cameras might be charged an extra fee at the ruins by the authorities)
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Bring cash
- Bring mosquito repellent
- Bring sunscreen
- FREE cancelation and full refund if notified within a minimum of 24 hours of your tour time; if done within less than 24 hours, the reservation fees cannot be refunded.
- In case of showing up under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we won’t permit you to partake in the activity and will not issue a refund.
- If you fail to show up at the meeting time established, there will be no reschedule or refund.
With the current world climate, we find it necessary to let potential passengers know what we’re doing to ensure their safety and lessen the spread of the virus.
Actions being taken:
- All our staff has been fully vaccinated
- Face masks are required for staff in public areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Staff are required to wash their hands regularly
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Face masks are required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Social distancing enforced throughout the experience