Wander Cozumel’s underwater world and leave the transportation to us!
Experience scuba diving with the help of your knowledgeable instructor, who will explain to you the basic principles of scuba diving. Once you feel ready for the adventure to begin, your instructor will take you to the beach. Afterwards, if you like, you can go with him for a discovery dive up to 40 feet/ 12 meters.
For the last part of the scuba diving, you will be taken by boat to a second reef similar in depth, but this time your instructor will teach you how to jump from the boat wearing the equipment. Once you get head back to Playa del Carmen, you’ll feel like an expert at diving!!!
- We'll meet next to the ferry pier, just outside “Señor Frogs” where a guide will give you a short debriefing of what to expect.
- After everyone that’s going to participate in the activity arrives, we’ll wait together for the ferry to dock and board. It’s important to note that beverages and snacks aren’t included in the ferry, so you’ll have to pay for them if you want some.
- Once we get off the ferry, you’ll be taken by taxi to “Marina Caleta”.
- At “Marina Caleta”, a guide will collect your remaining balance. There you’ll meet your scuba instructor.
- Your scuba instructor will explain safety measures and protocol you'll have to follow underwater, as well as how to use your equipment correctly. It's essential to pay close attention. This will take around 30-45 minutes, it may vary.
- Your instructor will lead you to the shore to begin testing the equipment and to learn basic skills. This takes about 20-30 minutes.
- After taking your time to get acquainted with scuba diving, your instructor will start leading you a little off the shore and a little deeper in the ocean so that you can see more marine life and actually begin scuba diving.
- To conclude the scuba diving portion of this activity, you’ll be taken by boat to your second dive, where you’ll be taught how to jump in the water.
- After scuba diving, you’ll be taken to “La Misión” where you’ll have lunch and then you’ll have time to walk around the island before heading back to the Ferry Pier and returning to Playa del Carmen.
Duration: Approximately 9 hours
Meeting time: 9:30 am
Starting point: Outside “Señor Frogs”
Minimum # of passengers: 2 passengers
Tour operator: Safe Tours Cozumel - Aguilar Scuba Cozumel
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
✅ Ferry tickets back and forth
✅ Transportation from the Ferry pier to “Marina Caleta” and back
✅ Theory class at the beach
✅ 1 beach dive to practice your skills
✅ 1 second dive by boat
✅ Scuba gear
✅ Mexican Lunch at “La Misión”
❌ 5 USD per passenger for Marine and Pier fees
❌ Gratuity optional
❌ Optional wet suit $10.00 USD
❌ Drinks at “La Misión”
- Important to be aware of the additional 5 USD for Marine and Pier fees that will be collected at the meeting point along with the remaining balance (best to do it in cash).
- In case of intoxication, being under the influence of drugs, or not respecting the staff and their requests we won’t allow you to take part in the activity, and a refund will not be held.
- Wear your bathing suit under clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen (you can only apply it 30 minutes before the activity)
- Bring a long sleeve T-shirt to protect yourself while swimming
- Bring a towel
- Bring a camera for photo opportunities
- Bring comfortable shoes that can get wet
CANCELLATION POLICY & COVID 19
- FREE cancelation and full refund if notified with a minimum of 24 hours of your tour time, if done with less than 24 hours the reservation fees cannot be refunded.
- In case of showing up under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we won’t permit you to partake in the activity and will not issue a refund.
- This activity is subject to adequate weather conditions; in case of bad weather, you’ll receive a full refund.
- If you fail to show up at the meeting time established, there will be no reschedule or refund.