Venture Cozumel’s underwater world!
Learn scuba diving with the help of your certified instructor, he will spend time with you explaining the basic principles of scuba diving. Once you feel prepared to dive, he’ll take you to the shore. If you like to you can go with him for a discovery dive up to 40 feet/ 12 meters.
For your next dive you will be taken by boat to a second reef similar in depth, but this time your instructor will teach you how to jump from the boat wearing the equipment.
Depart feeling like a true diver!!!
- We'll meet at “Marina Caleta” (or one of the two alternative meeting points1), and a guide will collect your remaining balance. For those visitors who choose to meet us at one of the alternative meeting points, transportation to “Marina Caleta” will be complimentary.
- Your scuba instructor will explain the safety measures and protocols you'll have to follow underwater and how to use your equipment correctly. It's essential to pay close attention. This will take around 30-45 minutes; it may vary.
- Your instructor will lead you to the shore to begin testing the equipment and learn basic skills. This takes about 20-30 minutes.
- After taking your time to get acquainted with scuba diving, your instructor will start leading you a little off the shore and a little deeper into the ocean so that you can see more marine life and actually begin scuba diving.
- At last, you’ll be taken by boat to your second dive, where you’ll be taught how to jump in the water.
1 Alternative meeting points: In order to help passengers coming from Mainland and cruise ships, we offer these meeting points that are located at walking distance from their arrival destination, but it’s required to contact us in advance in order to be met at one of these.
Duration: Approximately 3 hours
Meeting time: 30 minutes before the tour starts
Starting point: Marina Caleta
Alternative meeting points:
Outside Barracuda Hotel (walking distance for passengers coming from Mainland, Punta Langosta Pier, and downtown San Miguel)
Outside the Hotel El Cid la Ceiba (walking distance for passengers coming from Puerta Maya Pier, International Pier, and hotels nearby)
Minimum # of passengers: 2 passengers
Tour operator: Aguilar Scuba Cozumel
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
✅ Theory class at the beach
✅ 1 beach dive to practice your skills
✅ 1 second dive by boat
✅ Scuba gear
✅ Transportation to the beach (one way)
❌ 5 USD per passenger for Marine and Pier fees
❌ Gratuity optional
❌ Optional wet suit $10.00 USD
❌ Transportation back from the beach
- Important to be aware of the additional 5 USD for Marine and Pier fees that will be collected at the meeting point along with the remaining balance (best to do it in cash).
- In case of intoxication, being under the influence of drugs, or not respecting the staff and their requests we won’t allow you to take part in the activity, and a refund will not be held.
- For cruise ship passengers: All reservations are based on LOCAL TIME, which is not always the same as your cruise ship, please be aware of this when making a reservation.
- For mainland passengers: It’s very important that you arrive with enough time to board the ferry, if you fail to do so and miss it, we won’t be able to reschedule and there will be no refund.
- Wear your bathing suit under clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen (you can only apply it 30 minutes before the activity)
- Bring a long sleeve T-shirt to protect yourself while swimming
- Bring a towel
- Bring a camera for photo opportunities
- Bring comfortable shoes that can get wet
CANCELLATION POLICY & COVID 19
- FREE cancelation and full refund if notified within a minimum of 24 hours of your tour time; if done within less than 24 hours, the reservation fees cannot be refunded.
- In case of showing up under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we won’t permit you to partake in the activity and will not issue a refund.
- This activity is subject to adequate weather conditions; in case of bad weather, you’ll receive a full refund.
- If you fail to show up at the meeting time established, there will be no reschedule or refund.
- For cruise ship passengers: In case your cruise ship delays, the activity will be automatically rescheduled for the new time or date of arrival. If there’s a problem with the cruise ship and it fails to dock, a full refund will be issued.
With the current world climate, we find it necessary to let potential passengers know what we’re doing to ensure their safety and lessen the spread of the virus.
Actions being taken:
- All our staff has been fully vaccinated
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use